- Bring you unique eco fashion.
- Create beautiful sustainable alternatives for fashion that are vegan and organic.
- Develop sustainable and viable solutions in partnership with indigenous artisans and communities through their traditional artistry and ancestral culture.
- Respect the right of self-determination of indigenous communities, their culture and belief system.
- Promote sustainable development that protects the Amazon rainforest & its cultures.
- Practice fair trade and profit sharing with artisan associations and communities to ensure a sustainable economy for the stewards of the forests.
- Focus on the use of rainforest materials and traditional skills that the artisans have mastered.
- Develop products fully made in the Amazon rainforest and limit the sale of raw materials, to create added value and income beneficial to the artisans and their communities.
- Make products that are free of metals or other mined minerals, with the exception of green or recycled silver and gold for designs that require metals.
- Bring authentic Amazon products to the world market.
- Assess a community’s strengths and traditional livelihood to jointly develop a sustainable industry based on their traditional artistry.
- Set up traditionally built facilities for artisans to have a place to develop and produce their goods.
- Work with indigenous Amazon artisans to develop products and open markets that generate a sustainable economy for the communities, while protecting their culture and rainforests.
- Design and develop products based on their traditional arts and local materials.
- Train in quality and production to ensure consistency.
- Train in business and marketing to run their own businesses independently.
- Train in computer and internet.
- Supply communities with materials, laptops, internet, electricity through sustainable sources, etc., where needed and available.
- Fund production of goods.
- Connect with luxury markets and designers looking to source the artisans’ work for their collections.
- Exhibit and sell collections and traditional goods through wholesale and our online Shop.
- Pay artisans a fair wage for samples and production of goods, as well as share 50% of profits from the sale of goods (after all costs and expenses) with producing communities to use in varied ways through projects that enhance their livelihood, while maintaining their cultural identity.
- Ensure artisans and youth continue cultivating their arts and culture.
- Promote the protection of indigenous Amazon culture and the rainforest within the communities, domestically and abroad.
- Share sustainable solutions that harmonize with indigenous Amazon culture to enhance their way of life and address a community’s needs: electricity, drinking water, education, building techniques, communication technology, etc.
- All our finished products are handmade in the Amazon with sustainable rainforest materials.
- The artisans we work with ensure that they protect their forests in order to have a continual cycle of resources by harvesting only what they need and planting when necessary.
- We use only FSC approved and/or 100% recycled and post-consumer paper resources for printed materials, including packaging and mailing.
- We use plant-based inks in all our printed materials.
- We encourage our customers to save digital copies of invoices and electronic correspondence instead of printing.
- We use plant-based clear bags to ship products to customers and wholesale accounts.
- We reuse, recycle and upcycle accordingly, and encourage our customers and accounts to do the same.
Browse the rest of our website for more about our work, the artisans, projects, eco fashion, news, watch videos and visit our shop to start shopping. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Pinterest.
Subscribe to our mailing list and receive 30% off on your first purchase.
To contribute to the projects visit www.amazonwatch.org and donate any amount
in Additional Comments write “VIOLETA’S AMAZON PROJECT”
Send a tax-deductible contribution to Amazon Watch 2201 Broadway, Suite 508, Oakland, CA 94612 and
write “VIOLETA’S AMAZON PROJECT” on memo.
Send us a message with your information, so we can track your contribution. Thank you!
Amazon Watch is a tax-exempt, non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3)
of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations made to Amazon Watch are tax-deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.